My Favourite Chocolate Cake Recipe

This is a recipe for my favourite chocolate cake in the whole entire world. I came across it by a website called ‘The Vegan Zombie’ so it’s obviously not my recipe. My dad and my brother love it, which says quite a lot since they aren’t big fans of vegan food.

Although I don’t have a real recipe for icing, I recommend icing it. I made an icing mixture from icing sugar, cacao powder and Nuttelex (vegan butter) without a recipe, I just mixed the ingredients until it tasted good. If you want to watch a recipe video for this chocolate cake click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz2q1SZw7-Q which also includes an icing recipe.

If you ever decide to make it, you won’t regret it, I promise. It’s not very healthy, but it’s delicious, super easy and  vegan so it doesn’t really matter.

Ingredients:

• 1 + 1/2 cups white flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar (I use raw sugar)
  • 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 5 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup warm water

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl.
  3. Mix all the wet ingredients together, then add them into the bowl of dry ingredients.
  4. Pour the batter into a greased or line cake tin and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until when you stick a knife in the cake it comes out clean.
  5. Once the cake is cooked, let it cool on a cooling rack and ice it if you wish. Enjoy!

9macey

3 Comments

1. You are making me hungry, Macey ! Your recipe was clear, concise and easy to follow. Including a youtube site was a great idea but you might try and find out how to make the address a hyperlink, so that the reader can go directly to the video from your blog. I loved your honesty, ” it’s not very healthy but it’s delicious.”
    Well done !

2. That’s a good idea Mrs Jenks. I will show you how to do that Macey if you don’t know. Remind me.